Elimination of Mold and Mildew from Your Washer
To combat unwanted mold and mildew it is advisable to use a specialized mildew cleanser that will act as a preventive measure against any future growth and damage. For front loading washing machines, keep a check on prime spots such as detergent dispenser, airtight rubber gasket covering the front area, as there are higher chances of presence of bacteria and moisture that might cause mold and mildew. These can pose an immediate safety hazard as bad odor can permeate in your clothes and entire laundry area, while some can be toxic if ingested or inhaled. Here are some tips for prevention of mold and mildew inside your washer.
- Avoid leaving your wet clothes inside the washer to prevent retention of moisture inside the drum.
- Avoid using high sudsing detergents.
- Leave your washer door open in order to make a passage for air to come out, thereby reducing the risk of mold.
- Ensure weekly cleaning of gasket and other prime areas of your washer.
- Unplug your washer, removal of lint traps and screens, clean and vacuum up the dryer’s inside cervices to deodorize your washer.
Weekly Laundry Room Cleaning Checklist
- Dust the window sills and machine top and other areas such as cabinets, shelves, countertops, etc. using an all-purpose cleaner and a damp cloth.
- Remove all lint from traps and screens.
- Vacuum the vent area using a brush and a high vacuum setting.
- Vacuum the front and back side areas of washer, using a low setting and avoiding the dryer hose.
- Empty trash bins and dispose of the wate.
- Sweep and mop the laundry room floors.
Need Help with the Housework? Give Us a Call!
Call My Maid Day for all your regular deep cleaning services, we’ll ensure that your laundry room stays sparkling clean and fresh amidst your busy life. Our expert local maids will leave no stone unturned in meeting your expectation. Contact us today for our regular and customized cleaning plan to keep your entire living space spotless.